Monday, September 2, 2019

Long Weekend Report -> Happy Birthday Dad!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

Food this weekend ->
I poached a couple whole chickens in teriyaki marinade, mirin, and corn syrup on Saturday.  The process to make the chicken really soft and juicy is to boil it with the lid on for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it sit for 50 minutes.  Doing it this way the chicken was just cooked.
I chopped up half and poured sesame oil and oyster sauce on it.  It was really, really good.  I'm totally making chicken this way now.

On Sunday we went to the Kanata Noodle House Buffet for my dad's birthday  It's the only Vietnamese buffet in Ontario.  It's all the way out in Gloucester on Innes, near Big Al's Aquarium.
It's got a very good selection of food.  I got a alot of meats on my first plate: Shrimp rolls, pork rolls, salt & pepper shrimp, salt & pepper fish, shrimp on a stick, grilled beef, grilled pork, vietnamese egg rolls, salt & pepper calamari, and meat pancakes.
The problem was when I chomped down on the shrimp on a stick, I crack my tooth that I just got my root canal on.  At first I thought it was a piece of shell stabbing my gum but it was a third of my tooth pushing around.  I ate soft foods after that, and ate with the otherside of my mouth.
There are 5 different pho broths at the pho station.  You can add alot of different meats and seafood to the bowl and they add the noodle and broth (but no tripe or tendon).  Ben made a bowl.
Good desserts too.  I made a red bean, green bean, and jelly bowl with coconut milk.  Sweet and yummy.

Useless Gaming News:
Gavin was in town this long weekend.  Ben, Gavin and I played Magic and Camel Cup on Saturday night.  Ben won 3 of 4 games and all 3 wins were due to him playing his new dragon, Drakuseth, Maw of Flames.
Then on Sunday, Gordon was free and we played 4 player Magic and JackBox (mostly Fibbage2).  It was a blast.  "towelette" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment