Sunday, November 11, 2018

Weekend Report -> Softball Party

Food this weekend ->
Made a big tray of cold egg white noodles marinated with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and cooked vegetable oil.  Add a divider of blanched gai lan mixed with abit of oyster sauce and sesame oil; and finally added some fresh BBQ pork from Chinatown.  Brought this big tray to the annual softball party at Gary's on Saturday.
Egg White Noodles, Gai Lan, BBQ Pork.
There were lots of food and drink at the party.  I was stuffed after 3 plates.  The best dessert was Jes's chocolate cupcakes AND I got to take home 4 of them :)
Chocolate Muffins.

Made some ramen for dinner on Sunday.  I made a "tare" in the bowl with soy sauce, mirin, green onions, and fish sauce.  I then boiled chicken broth with some dashi adding glueten balls, gai lan, and ramen noodles.  Then I added the broth to the tare and the combo tasted amazing.  Added the noodles, glueten balls, gai lan, and an egg; and destroyed the bowl.
Ramen.

Useless Gaming News:
3-player gaming at Brian's house on Friday night, with Ben and I.  We played Stem: Epic Heroes, Everdell, and Exploding Kittens.
Stem is so-so.  I'm not sure if we played it right.  If we did, it's just a game that is pure chance.
Everdell is very good.  It's a worker placement game where you build a city to gain abilities and score points.  I think it's smilar to Charterstone's resource collecting/recalling workers with 7 Wonders' card playing/free card playing.  I think I want to pick up this game.
Everdell and Stem.
We finished the night with Exploding Kittens.  Pure luck game.  Fun for abit, but meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment