Sunday, December 1, 2019

Weekend Report -> Black Friday

Food this week ->
I made a mushroom cheese dip on Wednesday night.  I got the recipe from Becky.  It uses 3 cups of white mushrooms (about 1 Costco size white mushroom pack) and 1 & 1/2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese.  I chopped everything and cooked it all in about an hour.  The recipe calls for it cool over night and then heated in the oven for 30mins to finish.  I brought it over to Julie's place on Thursday to eat while watching the "Nailed It: Christmas season 2".  We dipped slice baguette, prosciutto, roast beef, carrots, and pita crackers in the mushroom cheese dip.  It was so good!  This is what I will be bringing to Anthony's Christmas party.
Mushroom Cheese Dip.

I cooked a roast on Friday night.  I got the roast from Loblaws for $5!  It was on sale and 50% off.  I seasoned the room temperature roast with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.  I cooked the roast with the 500F degree method (#lbs x 5mins then off for 2hrs).  Since it was a boneless roast, I only let it cook for 1hr40mins. 
Boneless Roast with Potatoes and Carrots.
I should have did 1hr30mins as it came out a little more cooked that I like.  But it was still pink and moist.  The potatoes and carrots were well cooked and soaked up most of the juices.
Still Pink.

Useless Transformers News:
Went out for Black Friday.  Went to Toys R Us and picked up a couple Transformers I'm missing: Direct-Hit, Powerpunch, Ratbat, and Rumble.  They were 20% off.
Black Friday Transformers and Gum.
I also picked up a pack of blue gum.  I haven't tested it yet, but I'm hoping it turns your mouth blue :)

Useless Gaming News:
I also went to Out of the Box.  They had 20% off all boardgames and 10% off all supplies.  I picked up an expansion for Mansions of Madness, the last 2 EXIT games to finish the set, and some sleeves.
Black Friday Board Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment