Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SF Trip Part 4

If you haven't done so, read Part 3 first.

Sun Oct 2:
Ben, Jane, and I drove from San Jose to Santa Cruz in the morning, but before leaving San Jose we went to "Johnny Rockets" and got some Malts to go. I'm still not sure what the exact difference between a malt and a milkshake is, but the malt tasted thicker than a milkshake.


^ Strawberry-Banana Malt and Butterfinger Malt.

After about 1.5hrs driving through some winding, mountainous roads we got to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.


^ Santa Cruz Boardwalk Sign.

It was abit cool and windy, but lots of people were still on the beach.


^ Beach.

While Ben and Jane walked along the beach. I hit the arcades :)
I played a ball rolling game and won a travel Boggle game.


^ Travel Boggle.

I then found a UFO Catcher machine like the ones in Japan. It was filled with Ghostbuster Plushies.


^ Ghostbusters UFO (Before Shot).
It only took me 2 tries to get Winston.


^ Ghostbusters UFO (Winston Grab).
It only took me 2 more tires to get Ray.


^ Ghostbusters UFO (Ray Grab).
I tried for a Slimer, but all the remaining plushies were in akward positions or pinned by other plushies.

After meeting up with Ben and Jane, we went to play some Pacman. It was a 4 player VS Pacman game. You can eat Power-Pellets to eat the ghost and other players to win!


^ 4 Player Pacman Machine.

For a snack, we got some Garlic Fries, Popcorn Shrimp and Battered Fish. Garlic Fries seem to be a specialty there. Really good too. I've got to try and make my own.


^ Garlic Fries, Popcorn Shrimp and Battered Fish.

We left for the Best Western hotel in Monterey Bay. The hotel had Koi in the lobby!


^ Hotel Koi.

More in next post...

Lunch today -> Booster Juice and Roasted Baby Crab.
I had a late lunch today as I wasn't very hungry. I drove to Booster Juice for a Strawberry Storm smoothie.


^ Strawberry Storm Smoothie.
I also snacked on some roasted baby crab from Japan. Eat the shell and everything whole. Tasty little guys :P


^ Roasted Baby Crab.

Useless Idol News:
I got my copy of the "AKB 1/48 Sequel: If I Loved an Idol I Guam". I got the 1st press limited edition box.


^ AKB 1/48 Box.
I didn't know that the limited box came with an ad poster for each member!

No comments:

Post a Comment