Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SF Trip Part 2

If you haven't done so, read Part 1 first.

Fri Sept 30:

Rented a car (a huge Mitsubishi Galant) in the morning and picked up Ben and Jane from downtown San Francisco to go drive to downtown San Jose.

After checking-in to the hotel, we went to the Tech Museum.


^ Tech Museum.

We first got lunch from "Cafe Primavera" inside the Tech Museum. Some really good fresh sandwiches.


^ Lunch Sandwiches.

Almost everything in the museum is interactive and most of it is really fun to play with.


^ Shadow Game and Fongpay Goalie.


^ Underwater Vehicles.


^ NASA Suits.
You can project your face into the hanging astronaut suit.


^ Wheelchair Race.
Ben and I had a simulated wheelchair race. Our hands were a blur, but it was without a doubt that I won in the end.


^ Lightning and Power Bike Machine.


^ Fongpay Hanging on to Luigi and Giant Projection Globe.


^ "Fongpay" Spelled by a Robot Arm and Robot Drawing.


^ Giant Gumball Machine.
Too bad it was broken.

Look a "Knight Rider" building... oops it's "Knight Ridder". I said that to Jane, then Ben showed up a minute later and said the exact same thing! LOL. We are such nerds.


^ Knight Ridder Building.

After spending all day at the museum, we walked to San Jose's Japan Town. It was abit far, and we had to walk through a couple of "sketchy" streets. There was a large park we passed by that was designated "drug free" with food trucks and people around watching an outdoor movie (Goonies).

I was disappointed with the SJ Japan Town. It's nowhere near as good as SF Japan Town.
Some more plastic food on display:


^ Plastic Food Display.

For dinner, we picked a place that had ramen and sushi. Ben wanted to go to Gumbei, but we didn't know what they served. We only know the line-up was out the door, and was even longer after we left the restaurant we went to.
I wasn't very hungry so I only got sushi. I got Ikura sushi, Salmon sushi, and a Tuna Roll. It was very good. Ben got ramen and Jane got hot soba.


^ Dinner.
Note: Japanese food for dinner 2 days in a row, and both places didn't have Otoro sushi (fatty tuna belly) :(

They do have a really good Japanese Grocery Store called "Nijiya Market". I picked up some Japanese snacks to bring back to Ottawa and a magazine with AKB48 in it :) The only thing they didn't have that I wanted was some fresh wasabi root.


^ Japanese Groceries.

On the way back to the hotel, I saw something that I thought was funny. A Quizno's was closing and a Subway was opening in the exact same spot. LOL


^ Quizno's to Subway.

Useless News:
I want one of these Dyson Hand Dryers in my house! I've only seen these in Japan, but these hand dryers are slowly show up in North America. They're great.


^ Dyson Hand Dryer.

Useless Election News:
This phone number called me 3 times in 30minutes today: 613-591-3163. It was an "unknown" caller, so I didn't pick it up. I looked up on Canada411, and it was the MPP Megan Cornell Campaign. Those frequent calls annoyed me, so I will not be voting for her. Just like that, she lost a vote.

More in next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment