Thursday, October 6, 2011

SF Trip Part 3

If you haven't done so, read Part 2 first.

Sat Oct 1:
Thi and Will's wedding day has finally arrived! Yay!
I got to be the Bestman and the Chauffeur.
The weather was really nice on Saturday, but it got really h
ot during the day, especially when I had to wear a tuxedo all day.


^ Fongpay and Godzilla Dressed-up.

To start, the Groom's side forms a small parade line to go to the Bride's House. The Groom brings a whole roast pig, 8 trays of offerings, and a tea set.
Once inside, there is a Welcoming Ceremony where each member of the immediate family welcomes the new Bride/Groom to the family.

^ Groom's Parade & Welcoming Ceremony.


^ Groom's Family & Bride's Family.

Thi family made a ton of food for lunch and also ordered catered DimSum. Lots of good stuff, but I liked the home-made soup the most, followed very closely by the roast pig.






^ Lunch Food.
I stuffed myself here because I thought we weren't going to eat til 8pm.

After lunch we headed to the temple in San Jose for the wedding ceremony. I drove Thi, Kim (Bride's maid), Will, and myself in decorated car.



^ Wedding Car.

While waiting for the wedding ceremony to start, the temple was playing and instrumental version of Jackie Chang and Kim Hee Seon's song "Endless Love".


^ Jackie Chan & Kim Hee Seon - Endless Love (The Myth).

The Master Monk performed the Wedding Ceremony.




^ Temple Wedding Ceremony.

After the Wedding Ceremony, the monks m
ade a big vegetarian meal for everyone. The imitation meat looked and tasted like real meat!


^ Vegetarian Snack.

After this meal, we headed to the reception to decorate.
There was a live band warming up.


^ Reception and Live Band.

After dropping of Thi and Will at the reception; Ben, Jane, and I headed back to the hotel to freshen up. We've been sweating all day. My undershirt was damp with sweat. I took a quick shower too.
This is when I broke the rented tuxedo pants @_@; The adjustable clips on the pants broke and wouldn't stay close. The pants also didn't have belt loops, so I had to put a belt over the outside of the pants to keep them up, and cover the belt with the vest. This held up for the rest of the night.

During the family introductions, the MC only announced on
e of Will's sisters, Karen, but not the other one, Karina. I thought that was wrong and made sure he introduced her. I think it embarrassed Karina ;) hehehe

Once the multi-course meal started, the head table only got to eat the first 4 dishes, because we had to make rounds to personally greet each table.




^ First 4 Dishes (Assorted Appetizer Meats and Jellyfish, Stuffed Crab Claw, Sharkfin Soup, Seafood Bird's Nest minus the crunchy nest part).
Guess what dish #5 was? Lobster!!! We missed the lobster!


^ Lobster!
See what else we missed out on.



^ Missed Dishes (Seafood Bird's Nest with Crunchy Nest, Roast Duck, etc...).
I didn't mind at the time, because I was still kind of full from lunch and temple food. But now that I look back on these pictures, I'm totally regretting not getting to eat the good food, especially the LOBSTER!!! AARRRGGG!!!

Next was the Wedding Cake. Thi and Will got a special bobble-head made for the cake topper. I thought this was a cool idea.


^ Wedding Cake & Bobble-Head.


^ Cake Feeding.
I think Thi should have tried to fit even more into Will's mouth :)


^ Toast.
And that's it to the long wedding day.


^ Congratulations Thi and Will.

I left my sunglasses in the Wedding Car after the wedding. They were cheap, scratched-up $10 sunglasses from Walmart, but I like them. I thought they were gone for good, but Karina brought them back to Ottawa for me. Thanks Karina :)


^ Sunglasses.

More in next post...

Dinner today -> KFC.

After picking up my sunglasses tonight, I got a bucket of KFC with Fries and Gravy. I ate it while watching the MTL@TOR game on TV. Too bad MTL lost 2-0 :(


^ KFC, Fries, and Gravy.

Useless Idol News:
I found this blog entry by Sasshi funny. She gets shot down twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment