Sunday, June 4, 2017

Weekend Report -> Wonder Woman Movie

Food this weekend ->
Friday was National Donut Day.  We got 120 Timbits for the company.
120 Timbits.

Went to Swiss Chalet before seeing Wonder Woman on Friday night.  I got the limited time fried chicken.  I decided to get the half chicken meal (4 pieces) for $5 more than the 2 piece meal.  I got mash potatoes and corn for the sides. 
Swiss Chalet Fried Chicken.
The fried chicken is very good.  Not as flavourful as KFC, but more crispy and not as greasy.  I was really hungry as I didn't eat much more than the timbits all day.  I completely destroyed the plate and ate everything clean.

I made Chinese greens with beef on Saturday.  The beef were some cheap steaks I got from Walmart.  Pre-marinated with salt and pepper.
Beef and Chinese Greens.
Microwaved some instant chicken rice and topped it the the beef & greens mix.
On Rice.
Had another meal with it, but I added a soft boiled egg.
On Rice with Soft Boiled Egg.

Useless Movie News:
Watched Wonder Woman on Friday in Barrhaven with Brian, Gordon, and Ben.  I liked the movie.  It was very good.  I could have done without the 3D.  It didn't add anything, and I think it actually took away from the movie. 
The first part of the movie was about Diana's backstory. 
The 2nd part was about a World War 1 battle, but it felt like a war documentary.  Diana gives Captain America a run for who is the best shield wielder too.  Also the bell town set looked like a layout from the original Battlefield 1 on PC. 
The final act was so-so.  I wasn't impressed with the final fight.

Useless Gaming News:
Impromtu gaming at Jeff's Sunday night.  We played Sushi Go!, Doodle Quest, and Camel Up.
Doodle Quest
Doodle Quest has multiple "mission cards" where you look at the objective and then draw on a transparency.  Like draw a line through all the sea creatures:
Catch the Fish.
There was also shrimp darts.  Jeff did pretty well.
Jeff Scoring Points.
I completely missed.
My Complete Miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment