Sunday, June 11, 2017

Weekend Report -> CHEO BBQ

Food this weekend ->
Volunteered to organize the CHEO BBQ at CMC on Friday.  It was good turn out and we made over $300.
CMC CHEO BBQ.
We kept it simple as we only served hamburgers and pop.  I brought in McDonald's Big Mac sauce for everyone to use, and almost the whole bottle was used up!  It's excellent on BBQ hamburgers.  I bought 2 burgers myself.
BBQ Burgers.

I got a large Dragon Boat pizza from Gabriel's on Saturday night, after spending all day playing softball.  I was starving and ate half the pizza in a few minutes!
Dragon Boat Pizza.

Sunday dinner was at the Mandarin Buffet on Hunt Club with family.  We celebrated Father's Day and my birthday early.  I only got 1 picture off before my phone battery died, but most of my plates were the similar to this one.  I ate mostly seafood.  I probably ate atleast $20 worth of snow crab legs :).  I ate 4 big plates + 2 small dessert plates, but I probably could have eaten more if I didn't eat so much sushi.  The rice filled me up.
Mandarin Buffet Plate #1.
Ben said his bowl of clam chowder was made better by topping it with wontons from the wonton soup.  I might have tried it, but I was already too full by the time he made it.  Everything I ate was good, but I found the dessert items lacking something.  Not as good as the Orleans Mandarin where I felt the urge to eat alot of the desserts.

Useless Softball News:
The June softball tournament was on Saturday.  The CMC Strike Fighters lost our first game at 9am.  We made alot of errors (I made 3 errors myself at the plate) and lost 12-4, so we got assigned to the "D" division. 
We then lost the noon game, 9-7.  We blew a 7-5 lead in the very last inning.  With the loss, we got relegated to the Consolation bracket.
We won the 3pm game (14-4).  The team we face were mostly power hitters, but they kept popping up easy fly balls.  Advanced to the Finals with the win.
The Finals game at 6pm was an easy win, because the other team never showed up; so we won by default :)  Not a way I would like to win, but a win is a win; and we get a trophy.
I played horrible all day.  I only had 1 hit in the 1st inning of the 1st game: a single.  I didn't make it on base the rest of the day.  I think I was 1-for-11 all day with 3 errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment