Sunday, March 13, 2016

Weekend Report: Can't Put Weight on My Right Butt Cheek

I pulled a back muscle this weekend.  I don't know how I did it?  I took a nap for an hour on Saturday afternoon and when I woke up my lower right back muscles were killing me!  I couldn't sit or put any weight on my right butt cheek  LOL.  It felt abit better on Sunday.  I had to use some Advil pain killers and some Icy Hot rub.  The Icy Hot stuff works really well.

Food this weekend ->
Went to KNH on Friday for lunch.  I got the pad thai with chicken.  I only ate half my plate as I had a big dinner planned.  Took the rest home.
Chicken Pad Thai.

After work on Friday, I went to Julie's place and made a seafood boil.  Made a base broth with water, white wine, garlic butter, and onion soup mix.  Once I boiled off the alcohol, I threw in mini potatoes and corn along the bottom.  When it came to a boil again I threw in snow crab legs, lobster claws, jumbo shrimp, and mussels.  I steamed the seafood and then stirred it into the broth.  It was really good :)
Seafood Boil.
I took 3 pics, but they all came out blurry.  This was the best one.  We ate this while watching Spy.  Jason Statham's character is hilarious.

Went to Panda Buffet for lunch with the family on Saturday.  Their sushi has improved alot.  They now actually have normal sushi and less of the stupid weird stuff.
Sushi Plate.
The rest of the buffet food were the standard stuff.  I ate alot of the cold mussels and chicken wings.
Buffet Food Plate.
Dessert selection was good.  The best are the fried sugar donut holes.
Dessert Plate.

Susanna and I went to the Ottawa Bagel Shop and Deli on Sunday (she had to drive me as my back was still killing me).  I was going to get some pies there for Pi Day on Monday, but they were expensive.  There is alot of good stuff from all over the world there.  We did get the Bagelman's Choice bagelsub to go.  It was pretty good.  Not sure if it's worth the $10.  May try the Reuben next time.
Smoked Salmon Bagelsub.

No comments:

Post a Comment