Sunday, March 6, 2016

Weekend Report: Bailing Mushrooms

Food this weekend ->
On Friday I rejected Ed's idea of ordering KNH takeout for lunch, because I wanted to get the cheap noodle wraps from the Chinese Grocery store.  When I got to the store, the ladies that make it were on vacation, so they didn't have any and won't have any for 3 more weeks.  D'oh!  I ended up going go Hazeldean Mall and getting $20 worth of sushi.  More than the $13 I would have spent at KNH, and way more than the $5 I would have spent on noodle wraps.
Sushi Lunch.

Tried out the Yellow MegaLoad.  It's OK.  These are caramel cups with different toppings.  I found them too sweet.  I could only eat 2 and gave the 3rd away.
Yellow MegaLoad.

I bought a can of "Bailing Mushrooms" for $5.  Never seen it before and I wanted to try something new.
Bailing Mushroom Can.
Inside were 2 huge mushrooms.
Two Bailing Mushrooms.
I sliced them up and they have the texture of abolone but tastes like lightly flavoured straw mushroom.  A very good knockoff of abolone.
Looks Like Abolone.
I made some supreme congee and replaced the abolone with thin sliced bailing mushrooms.  I was basically a mushroom and pork congee.
Mushroom and Pork Congee.

Useless Gaming News:
Gaming at Anthony's Friday night.  We played Walk the Plank, Dungeon Scroll (Anthony easily won), Castles of Burgundy (Anthony easily won again), and The Game (we lost the 1st game by 1 card, but won the 2nd).
Castles of Burgundy.
Saturday night was gaming at Brian's .  We played Ghostbusters and took us a little while to defeat the Boogieman from the Real Ghostbusters Cartoon.
Ghostbusters Game.
We played a few rounds of Tumbling Dice to finish the night.  Still trying to find this game, but having no luck.
Tumbling Dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment