Sunday, August 16, 2015

Weekend Report: Oat & Mill Ice Cream

Food this weekend ->
Lunch of Friday was stuffed peppers from Farmboy.  They are pretty good.  I also got a box of fresh mini oatmeal raisin cookies.  I usually don't like raisins in cookies, but these cookies were still warm the raisins were still soft.
Cookies and Stuffed Peppers.
Made lamb chops on Saturday.  They were on sale on Basics. 
Lamb Chops.
I also steamed some corn from Walmart in my pressure cooker.  The corn was OK.  Not very sweet.
Steamed Corn.
Made a big pot of red congee on Sunday.  I made it the ground pork, shitake mushrooms, preserved duck eggs, green onions, some eggs, and Korean red pepper paste.  Hot congee on a hot day!  I was dripping sweat when I was done eating a couple bowls.
Red Congee.

Useless Food News:
Mark and Jes picked me up a new ice cream made out of oats.  There is no milk in it, but it is very smooth and creamy.  I had the chocolate peanut butter flavour and it is awesome!  I had to force myself to stop, as it is so good.  It's made by a local Ottawa company called Oat & Mill and they sell the ice cream online and at the Carp Farmer's Market.  BUT it's expensive.  Even at $10 a pint, I'm still tempted to order some other flavours.
Oat & Mill Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.

Useless Gaming News:
Got Let Them Eat Shrimp in the mail on Friday.
Let Them Eat Shrimp.
4-Player gaming Friday night at Brian's.  We started with King Down.  It's a prequel to chess and up to 4 players.  Neat game, but some pieces/cards are broken.  Needs more rules clarification.  We played a bunch of variations of Pairs afterwards.
King Down.

Useless Transformers News:
Found Transformers: Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus on Friday at Walmart.  I had just ordered the Japanese version Thursday night because I wasn't sure if I would have found it in stores.  The Japanese version comes with Alpha Trion too.
Ultra Magnus.
Ben and I got an Optimus Prime onesie for Nathan.
Optimus Prime Onesie.

Useless M:tG News:
Got my SDCC exclusive Magic Planeswalker set.  I comes in a nice cardboard box with a briefcase like handle.
SDCC Planeswalkers Box.
Opening it up, it included a hardcover book and a foldout card display of the 5 planeswalkers.  Very nice set.
SDCC Planeswalkers Cards and Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment