Monday, August 3, 2015

Long Weekend Report: Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!

Food this weekend ->
Steve, Ed, and I went to KNH on Friday.  I got a hot medium bowl of Pho with the rare meat on the side.  I actually finished the whole meal including drinking all the broth.  I got the rare meat on the side because the meat is always overcooked by the time I got the bowl.  I'm going to get it this way from now on.
KNH #15 Medium.

Got the new KFC recipe fries from KFC on Saturday night.  I got the combo medium fries and gravy for $5.  The KFC recipe fries are OK.  They taste abit like the chicken, but it needs more of the secret recipe flavouring.  Good thing I got the gravy.  That made the fries taste like the chicken.
KFC Fries and Gravy.

Sunday was dinner at Golden Restaurant for my Grandma's birthday.  We were there at 5:30pm and the restaurant was fairly empty then, but they sat 7 adults at a small table!?!  I'm not sure what they were thinking?  Anyways we ordered soup + 9 dishes.  Everything came out at the same time including the soup, and there was no room for everything, so plates had to be stacked.  There also wasn't enough leg room so I was sitting a fair distance from the table.  They should have given us a bigger table as the place didn't get busy until we were almost done eating, and the big tables were still free.  If I was paying, I would have knocked alot of the tip off for this.
Fish Maw Soup.
The food was ok.  Not shown was the taro duck dish.  It was an added dish from the pre-set meal and was the best thing there.  The oysters and shrimp were also good.  The tofu ball plate had no taste, but the rest of the dishes were about standard.   A disappointing meal for my standards (I also suspect they re-use the rice in fried rice, as they took the leftover rice way before clearing the dishes from the table). 
Rideau Restaurant is way better, but they don't have taro duck.
Main Courses.
Bumped into a bunch of people on Sunday too.  I also saw Thu's family at the restaurant.  Haven't seen her in a long time :)  Then Joe and Joan showed up for a separate dinner.  Afterwards, saw Gordon, Judy, and Nathan at Walmart.  Nathan has grown big and was really quiet, then really loud :)

Useless Gaming News:
4-Player gaming at Brian's on Saturday night.  We started the night with Agricola.  They had to teach me the rules so it took abit to start.  Brian gave up before we even started playing, because he didn't like his starting had of Occupations and Minor Improvements.  Also complained during the game about Paul and myself taking his actions.  I'm used to it now and I didn't care if he threw the game.  The actions were available and I wanted it, so I took it.  In the end I won easily over everyone as they were all fighting over building up their farm houses while I built up the animals, fields, and vegetables.
Agricola.
Pretty good game.  Lots to do, but your play is pretty much dictated by what abilities on the Occupations and Minor Improvement cards you get in the beginning of the game (and you can't get new cards).  If you want to win, you have to maximize these abilities.
Afterwards we played quick games of Biblios Dice and Pairs.

I got my Kickstarter Exploding Kittens game on Friday.  I was surprised as it only shipped on Thursday.  Need to try it out.
Exploding Kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment