Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fried Pig Ear Slices

Lunch today -> Souvlaki.
Food trucks today.  Only Big D's and a Greek truck were there.  I got a pork souvlaki platter, but I later learned that Big D's won 1st place recently for their taco poutine.  Maybe I'll try that next time.
Souvlaki Platter.

Dinner today -> Rideau Restaurant.
Dinner with the family at Rideau Restaurant tonight.  It was for my dad's birthday dinner.  The food was excellent as usual.
Rideau Dinner.
Afterwards we ate cake... 2 cakes. 
Birthday Cakes.
1 angel cake from T&T and 1 fruity cheese cake from Sobey's.
Mmm.

Useless Food News:
Susanna got me some fresh pork rinds from a Ukrainian festival last weekend.
Fresh Pork Rinds.
She also got me some fried sliced pig ears.  They are different and kind of tasty, if you don't think about it being pig ears.
Fried Pig Ear Slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment