Thursday, August 20, 2015

PEI Scalloped Potatoes and Montreal Smoke Meat Lays

Useless Food News:
Tried out 2 more Lays Canada chip flavours.  1st was the PEI Scalloped Potatoes.  I like it, but it taste just like Sour Cream & Onion chips with cheese flavouring added.
The 2nd flavour was the Montreal Smoke Meat.  It tasted mostly like mustard with an aftertaste of pepper corn and a hint of smoke meat.  After a few mouthfuls, it's just a mustard taste.  Not that good in a big bag, but probably good in the snack size bags.  
Scalloped Potatoes and Smoke Meat Lays.

Useless Gaming News:
Thursday gaming at CMC today.  At lunchtime we played 7-player Saboteur 2.  So much more fun with lots of players.  I lost bad.  I only had 3 gold at the end of 4 rounds.
After work, we played 3-player Kingdom Builder.  Pretty good game.  Very simple to learn and involves luck and good strategy.  Object is to build settlements throughout the land and collect victory points that match the different victory condition cardss, but your play is limited by the type of land card you draw and the special ability tokens you collect.  Lots of replayability as you only use random 4 map tiles of the 8 maps and 3 random victory condition cards of the 10.  Probably on my list "to get" later, but I'll get the Big Box version (Wow Meeplemart is way cheaper than the KickStarter version especially now in Canadian dollars).
We played 3 games in about 2.5 hrs (including learning time and Evan's slow play).  I finished 2nd, 1st, and 3rd.  I made critical mistakes that cost me points in the last game.
3-Player Kingdom Builder.

Useless Idol News:
The NGT48 members will be revealed Friday.  Kashiwagi Yuki and Captain Kitahara Rie will be there at the reveal.
Stage for NGT48.

Useless M:tG News:
From the Vault: Angels is released Friday.  I'm going to try and get a set.  I'm number #17 on the reserve list, but I'm just going to drop by the store at lunchtime and grab it at #1 (like I've done in the past ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment