Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekend Report: Work, Games, and Sick

Worked parts of the weekend.  Lots to do, but progress is not fast.  On top of that, I'm getting sick.  I think it's a cold.  Headache, tired, runny/stuffy nose, cough.  Advil Cold works wonders :)

Food this weekend:
Got a bucket of KFC.  The 9-piece thigh and drum special for $9.99.  It's such a good deal, that it's mostly what I ate this weekend.  Made rice to go with it, but KFC and sweet nectarines go well together too.

Gordon found my Name-sake Coke!  Thanks Gordon! 
Not sure if I should look for the rest of the set: the Diet Coke and Coke Zero versions...

Useless Gaming News:
Friday night gaming at Brian's place.  We started with Dark Gothic.  A deck building card game version of Touch of Evil.  Pretty good game.  Takes ideas from Touch of Evil and Legendary and merged them together.
Then we played Conquest of Planet Earth.  So-so game.  Same type of game as Last Night on Earth, but instead of zombies, it's aliens.  It was Brian's idea to play it, but I'm not sure if he wanted to, as he was playing on his phone most of the time.
Then we played Archer.  This game is really fun.  I like it alot.

Saturday night gaming at Anthony's place.  We played a couple rounds of Killer Bunnies.  I think it's a decent game, but it all comes to random chance who holds the winning carrot.
After we played alot of Biblios.  This game could very likely be my #1 game of choice to play.  All about strategic card drafting and auctioning, with a splash of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment