Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blue Crab's Claws Popped Off

Food this weekend ->
Picked up some goodies on Friday at the Asian grocery store by Arby's.  Got the meat and mushroom filled rice noodle wraps and some sweet sesame balls.  I also hit the Sushi House at the Hazeldean Mall for sushi.  The sushi there is good and very reasonably priced.  I recommend it.
Asian Food.

Spent most of Saturday working, but I tried the Little Ceasar's Pretzel Pizza.  It's not that good.  The crust did taste like pretzel, but the pretzel salt kept falling off.  I found it really salty too.  The cheese sauce was good, but it could use more cheese sauce.  Probably won't be getting this again.
Pretzel Pizza.

Saturday dinner was another 9-piece special bucket of KFC :).  Deal is too good to not get.  I'm getting a habit of crunch the bones to split them and eating the marrow.
9-Piece KFC.

After work on Sunday I dropped by T&T and got some blue crabs.  I looked up how to identify the females with eggs.  It's pretty simple and I got 5 females.  I left them in the sink willed with water.  I thought they would die like lobsters, but he chlorine doesn't affect them.  It least I got them too poop out the remaining poop.
Live Blue Crabs.
I boiled them salt water.  1 crab was especially feisty.  When I plunged her in the boiling water both her claws popped off from the shock.
Boiled Blue Crabs.
After cooking in water, I popped the shells off and ate those.  Then I split the bodies in half and finished them in Butter Chicken sauce.  Ate the bodies with white rice.
Blue Crabs in Butter Chicken Sauce.

BTW: I wanted to get some Frank's sandwiches too, but they changed their hours to be closed on Sundays!  Thats too bad as I preferred to go on Sunday to get my lunches for Monday and Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment