Sunday, September 7, 2014

To the Semi-Finals

Useless Softball News:
CMC Strike Fighters began our playoff run on Friday night.  We played Chipworks in the 1st round.  We defeated them 19-14, on a big 6th inning to retake the lead.  I only hit 1-for-3 with a single.

Round 2 Saturday vs DRS.  We played them recently and we remember their homerun hitters.  Mark was able to shut them down most of the game with a big strikeout on their best hitter too.  We won 11-2.  I hit 1-for-2 with a single.

Round 3 vs Sons of Pitches.  We lost big against them, 13-0, but it was actually a close game.  It was 1-0 game until the 5th inning where we gave up 8 runs.  I hit 3-for-3 with 3 singles (got out 3 times in a row at 2nd because of Stefano ;) )  Even with the loss, we still advance to the Semi-Finals Monday night, we just play a tougher opponent to get to the Finals.

Food this weekend ->
Breakfast on Saturday was fresh rice, 2 sunny-side-up eggs, and candied salmon.

After the last softball game on Saturday, I went to get some KFC.  I ordered the 9 piece dark meat special for $9.99 and added medium fries and medium gravy for $5.  They ran out of chicken when I ordered, so I had to wait 15 minutes for the next batch to finish cooking.  They gave me a free drink while waiting.  Then when I got my food, they gave me 2 free strawberry cheese cake slices :)
KFC with Free Drink and Cheese Cake.

Sunday night, family had a Moon Festival dinner.  BBQ Tray from T&T, rice noodles, dishes from Rideau, and Moon cakes (an 8 egg moon cake).

Moon Festival Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment