Monday, February 19, 2018

Long Weekend Report -> Swordfish

Food this long weekend ->
Bunch of coworkers and I went to Panda Garden for lunch.  I had heard the food had changed, but it was still the same.  The price did go up.  It was fairly busy, so I made a quick trip for plate #1.  Just got some sushi and mussels.
Buffet Plate #1.
For Plate #2, I got some salt & pepper fish, egg plant, dumplings, chicken wing, and tempura shrimp, on top of my main-stay mussels and sushi.  The salt & pepper fish and the tempura shrimp were very good.
Buffet Plate #2.
I had 2 more plates and a small dessert plate.  Mostly more sushi and mussels.  The mussels were big and good.  The dessert chocolate pudding was good too.

Went to Loblaws Sunday night with Susanna to search for some discount food.  I found some lemon squares and triple chocolate cookies for 50% off.  I also found my dinner: 50% off swordfish.  I've never had swordfish before.
Swordfish and Broccoli.
I pan fried the swordfish in some oil and butter, seasoned with just salt and pepper.  Made some broccoli too.  I finished the swordfish with abit of olive oil and soy sauce poured over it.  It was OK.  Very dry and not much flavour.  I may have over-cooked it abit?  I had to get some sour cream to eat with it.

For Family Day Monday, I got the Monday Special at Big Bone BBQ.  I had forgotten how big the portions were!
Monday Special.
I ate about half the fries, 5 wings, and 4 ribs and I was full.  The ribs could use more sauce.  They need it.  Lots left for Tuesday lunch/dinner.

Useless Gaming News:
4-player gaming on Saturday night.  We played a couple more months of Pandemic Legacy: Season 2.  I'm glad we won those months as I can't wait to get this game over with. 
After Gordon left, we played Terra Formars.  It's a game based on the anime (haven't watched it), and it was OK.  Brian gave up early as I manipulated the play after a few turns.  He tried to screw with my turn and then took offense with I screwed with his turn.  I don't care for this attitude any more, so Ben I finished the game and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment