Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekend Report -> Mandarin Buffet

Food this weekend ->
Went to the new Mandarin Buffet in Orleans on Saturday.
I wasn't impressed with the initial service.  We had made a reservation, but we still had to wait for our table to be prepared.  I've never had to wait when I've made a reservation the night before.  Table should have already be readied. 
When the table was readied, the waitress took her time leading us and explaining the buffet.  It was a feature Ben liked, but I know what a buffet is so I just wanted to be seated and get food.  Good thing everything went up hill from here.
First good thing is after being seated, we were given hot towels to wash up.  Very Japanesey :)
The sushi was good, but the ribs were magnificent.  The ribs were meaty, juicy, and savoury.  Just like ribfest.  The New York steak was alittle over cooked for my taste.
Mandarin Plate #1.
Tempura shrimps were crispy.  Seaweed salad was well made and delicious.  The mussels were big and clean.  Ben really liked the butternut squash soup.  Everything was good and nothing was bad.  They only lacked congee (I wanted to make my congee bowl).
Plate #2.
The selection of desserts was amazing.  After 4 plates of food, I actually made room for 4 plates of desserts.  I tried the black forest cake, coconut cream pie, lemon cake, creme brule, rice pudding, butter tart, fresh cookies, watermelon, pineapple, frozen yogurt, and other mini-cakes.
Dessert Plate #1.
When we were finished and got the bill, we were given another hot towel to clean up.  The second hot towel service was the best touch.  I need to go again and try dinner!

Useless Gaming News:
Played 4-player gaming on Friday night.  We started the night with a long advance game of A Touch of Evil.  We only played with only 2 maps.  The villain was The Unspeakable Horror.  We started off ok, but the board was winning and killing Ben's and Brian's characters almost every round.  Then we triggered the final battle early.  We weren't prepared and we weren't allowed to bring any town elders to help in the battle.  We lost pretty badly.
Then we played Drop Dead.  This a pretty fun and quick 5 minute game.  A simple deduction game. where you try and collect information and guess the hidden card's number.  I'll probably pick this up.
Drop Dead.

Useless Halloween News:
Saw this cool zombie at Home Depot.
Zombie.
It's only $40 and has 3 different groans.  I videoed one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment