Sunday, January 29, 2017

Weekend Report -> Spicy Chicken Ramen.

Food this weekend ->
Chocolate Cake Day was Friday.  I got 6 cakes for work and they got destroyed fast.
Downstairs: Tuxedo, Creme Brule, and Hazelnut cakes.
Downstairs Cakes.
Upstairs: Tuxedo, Creme Brule, and Tiramisu cakes.
Upstairs Cakes.

Hung out at Julie's place on Saturday for a lazy do nothing day.  We finished watching iZombie season 1 and half of Ash vs Evil Dead season 1.  I like iZombie alot.  It has a similar style as Psych and inserted with lots of bits of comedy.  Dinner was home-made pork congee with a Chinese New Year platter from T&T.  I got one with lots of jellyfish and squid.
Chinese New Year Platter.

I got this package of spicy chicken ramen from Norman at work.
Spicy Chicken Ramen.
I cooked it as per instructions and added some leftover roast pork.  The noodles were pretty red...
I ate about half of the bowl before I had to stop and run to get some milk.  The first few mouthfuls had good flavour and nice heat, but then the heat really kicked in and wow it was spicy.  I finished the bowl, but I can't eat this.  It's too spicy.
Too Spicy!

Useless Gaming News:
3-Player gaming at Brian's on Friday.  We started with Sluff Off!  It's a trick taking game that was OK.  It punishes you for taking more tricks than intended.  Not really that great.
Next was Harald.  This is a good game.  Lots of strategy.  Each player sends a card to the "King's Counsel" and 1 card to his Village each turn.  Each card has an ability that is triggered when it is sent to the Village.  The King's Counsel cards represent how much the card is worth at the end of the game, with the worth equal the total number of that card facing up.  I think I will want to get this game.
Herbaceous was next.  It's a simple herb garden collecting game based on luck and strategy.  You need to collect herbs at the right time to score as many points before another player decides to collect to take those points.  I might get this game too.
Sluff Off!, Harald, and Herbaceous.
We also tried out Foragers.  We backed this game awhile ago and only got around to playing it now.  Each player goes around the board collecting food, tools, and victory points through 4 actions a turn.  We only played it once but I don't think it is that great of a game.  Not that fun.
Foragers.

No comments:

Post a Comment