Tuesday, January 24, 2017

DQ January 2017 Deal

Dinner today -> Pork Stew
Monday night, I boiled the pork shank bone I got from leftovers on Sunday.  I added some pork breast bone chunks I bought from Sobeys.  The pork breast bone chunks had a few hard bones in them, but most of the bones were the solid white kind.  Today I skimmed off the fat and reboiled everything.  The broth was thick and sticky because all the bone gelatin was boiled out.  I then added some potatoes, onions, and carrots.
Pork Stew.
Poured the stew over some fresh white rice.  It was really good.  Also, all the white bones from the breast bone pieces became really soft, almost like tendon in texture.  The stew would have been even better if I had some daikon to put in it.
Pork Stew on Rice.

Useless Food News:
The Dairy Queen at the Signature Centre in Kanata has a January Special taped to the door.  It's buy 1 box of Dilly Bars, Buster Bars, or DQ Sandwiches, and get another box free.  I might get some, but my freezer is full.
January DQ Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment