Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Cola-Beef has no Beef

Snack today -> Cola-Beef.
Susanna, Ben, and I found this package at T&T in the jerky snack section on Sunday.  From the name of the package "Cola-Beef", I thought it was jerky bits that were marinated in cola syrup.  It sounded good, so I bought a pack.  When I opened it and tried it out today, I found it wasn't meat, but fried tofu.  It also didn't taste like cola.  It was a sweet and spicy flavour.  I think it is a northern China spicy flavour that slight numbs the tongue and mouth.  I found it pretty good, as did Ed and Peter.  James didn't like it, while Steve and Marc didn't try it.  More for me :)
Cola-Beef should be Sweet & Spicy Fried Tofu.

Dinner today -> Milestones' Wednesday Date Night Special.
After gaming tonight at work, I went to Milestones with Julie to get the Wednesday Date Night special.  We didn't order the same items as last time.  For starters we got the Mediterranean Goat Cheese Platter.  I forgot to take a picture before ate it all.  I never had goat cheese before, and I found it good and creamy.  I also liked the fig jam, but Julie told me there are better.
For entrees, Julie got the Spicy Thai Basil Noodles.  Looked like a good amount of noodles topped with shrimp and chicken, with a tasty coconut sauce.
Spicy Thai Basil Noodles.
I got the Thai Red Curry Beef Bowl.  It was OK.  Alot of beef and good red curry and ginger flavour.  I had 1 really long sliver of something in my bowl.  It looked like a carrot sliver so I chomped on it.  I was wrong.  It was ginger!  The bowl was filling, but the steak I got last time was much better than this dish.
Thai Red Curry Bowl.
For dessert we shared a White Chocolate Cheesecake.  It was very good.  A satisfying dessert for the end of the meal.
White Chocolate Cheesecake.

Useless Gaming News:
We played 3 player Vast tonight.  Evan played as the Knight, James as the Dragon, and I was the Goblins.  It was a learning game and it took us 2.5hrs to finish.  I made a few mis-plays during my turns and I think it may have cost me the game.  I should have held back 1 Goblin tribe in Hiding so I was able to Ambush the Knight and get in a couple extra attacks (Goblin's objective is to kill the Knight).

No comments:

Post a Comment