Sunday, January 15, 2017

Weekend Report -> Rooster Buns

Food this weekend ->
Susanna and I went shopping Friday night at Bayshore.  Around 8:40pm Shanghai 360 was in a frenzy as all their food went on sale for $4.99 a box (reg $8.99+).  There were a ton of people just waiting for this end of day sale.  We got 3 boxes of Chinese food, each with different toppings (fried fish, beef and green peppers, general Tao chicken, stir fry veggies, sweet & sour pork, fried green beens) and different bases (fried rice, vermicelli, udon noodles).  We also got 2 boxes of sushi at 2 for $12.
Bayshore Discount Food.

I made roast beef on Sunday.  I defrosted a rib roast I had in the freezer for 2 days.  I had gotten it from Loblaws for 50% off.  I rubbed it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.  I rubbed it twice with a 5 minute rest in-between.  I wanted to make a thin crust with the dry rub.
Roast Beef.
I wanted to cook it to medium rare, but when I let it rest for 20mins and then cut it, it became medium.
Medium.
I made instant mash potatoes for a side to the roast beef.
Roast Beef with Mash Potatoes.

Susanna made Rooster Buns.  They look cute, but there is something wonky with the beady eyes.  She filled them with pork and cabbage.
Rooster Buns.

Useless Gaming News:
4-Player gaming at Brian's house on Saturday night.  We played Splendor and TIME Stories.  We finished up the base TIME Stories misison, and started on the 2nd mission.  The 2nd mission involves finding a girl and saving her from the "infected".   The flow of the 2nd mission flows better than the 1st.
TIME Stores: 2nd Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment