Sunday, June 16, 2019

Weekend Report -> Happy Birthday to Me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FONGPAY!!!
 
Food this weekend ->
Took Thursday and Friday off to have an extra long weekend for my birthday.  Met up with Julie on Thursday to see "The Secret Life of Pets 2" at Coliseum.  The movie was alright.  Wasn't as good as the first one, but fun to watch.
Went back to Julie's place afterwards where she had made me Black Forest cupcakes (my favorite cake) with cherry cheesecake filling!  They were topped with Cool Whip and maraschino cherries.  These cupcake were so good!  Thanks Julie! :)  (I took home a bunch of them)
Black Forest Cupcake.

Had Hawaiian pizza from Willy's and 30 chicken wings from Costco on Friday.  The wings are a great deal as they are fresh and big.  The pizza had tons of cheese and lots of bacon.
Hawaiian Pizza.
Costco Wings.

I had to bring the car in on Saturday to get it fixed.  A shock had broken off one of the rear tires and was flopping around making really loud bang noises whenever I hit a bump.  There goes my birthday money :(  Waited 1.5hrs to get it fixed.  Then I headed off the Lowes to get some stuff but it was out of stock in Kanata.  I hit Hunt Club Lowes to get it, and since I was there, I got some Captains Boil takeout.  I got 1 order of mussels, 1 order of shrimp, and 2 orders of potatoes.  I made some white rice at home too, and then feasted.
Captain's Boils Mussels, Shrimp, and Potatoes.
Cool Note #1: One of the mussels had a whole baby crab in it.
Cool Note #2: Most of the shrimp had 2 layers of shell.  I think they were just about to shed the hard outer layer as there was a soft inner layer already on the meat.  These shrimp were almost softshell shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment