Sunday, November 12, 2017

Weekend Report -> Diamond Hunt

Jeff, Anthony, Ben, and I did Escape Manor's Mystery Motel's Diamond Hunt on Saturday.  We spent about 4 hours running around the Market, Parliament, and Downtown area.  It was a cold day, but we kept pretty warm with all that walking. 
Diamond Hunt Page 1.
It was alot of fun and we able to figure out all the clues.  Now our names are in the January draw for a real diamond!

Food this weekend ->
After the Diamond Hunt, we went to Ahora for Mexican Food.  I got the steak Plato Ahora with rice and black beans. It was very good.  Lots of steak in the burrito.
Plato Ahora.

Boiled chicken in Teriyaki marinade for my parent's on Saturday night.  The were coming back from a trip in China and they probably wanted some food after flying all day.  I boiled it in 1 bottle of teriyaki marinade and 1 bottle of water.  I wanted to add some maple syrup but they didn't have any.
Boiling Chicken.
It was really good chicken.  As you can see on the chicken skin below, the skin was sweating the marinade.  I use it as a sign that the marinade has seeped into the meat enough.
Chicken Thigh.

Had a good sleep Saturday night with all the walking from the Diamond Hunt.  Got up at 11am and made some eggs and toast for lunch.
Eggs and Toast.

Made steak Sunday night with eggplant.  It was a huge blade steak I got for $4 from Loblaws (50% off).
Steak and Eggplant.

Useless Gaming News:
Did some gaming at Anthony's Friday night.  We played Overcooked on the Nintendo Switch and RoboRally.  Overcooked was alot of fun with 4 players, but Anthony seems to think that getting 1 Star out of 3 was good enough.  He was aiming for baby-mode scoring.  Atleast Jeff thought 2 Stars was normal.  While Ben and I aimed for 3 Stars.
RoboRally.
I won RoboRally on a purely fluke play :) LOL  Just beating out Jeff in capturing the last flag.  My last 3 cards were locked and I thought it didn't matter what I played, but apparently it did, and I won :)

No comments:

Post a Comment