Monday, August 1, 2016

Long Weekend Report: Fishing Shut Out

Gavin was in town this long weekend.  We met up early on Sunday and went fishing with Ben, Emi, Yuto, and Noah.  I took everyone to Pakenham, as I find fishing more fun when your standing in the water.  Plus it keeps you cooler in the hot weather.
Emi caught 2 fish.
Emi's 2nd Fish.
Ben and Gavin caught 1 fish each, but I'm not sure if Ben's counts.  It wasn't bigger than a hand.
Ben's Fish?
I got shut out with 0 fish :(  Everyone was using live worms to catch fish, but I was using my lures.  They usually work, but not on Sunday.

Food this weekend ->
After fishing we went to Ginza Ramen on Somerset.  The ramen noodles were very good and chewy, but abit tough.  Emi and I think it was a little under cooked.  I got the miso tonkotsu ramen.  The broth was good, but I think it needed more miso flavour.  The broth is key for a good ramen and you always taste the broth first.
Miso Tonkotsu Ramen.

Went to Rideau with the family on Monday.  We want to eat at vermicelli at Ox Head, but it was closed for the holiday Monday.  Rideau was a good alternative.  We got the dinner for 6 +1.
Rideau Dinner.

Useless Movie News:
I watched the movie "The Secret Life of Pets".  It was a very entertaining movie.  Good enough that I'm probably going to buy the DVD and watch it a few more times.  The Minions pre-movie short was hilarious too.

Useless Gaming News:
Did a bit of gaming with Gavin and Emi too.  We started with Telestrations.  It was really fun.  This is Gavin's drawing of "Father In-Law".  Note the arrows. 
Gavin's Drawing.
Then this is Emi's guess.  LOL
Eni;s Guess.
We also played Broom Service and some Magic.  Broom Service isn't that good with only 3 players.
3-Player Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment